Skip to main content

Tyler's Quiet Book

First let me say that I think it's so weird to call my son Tyler. I know.. it's his name.. I'm a weirdo. It just seems that Baby Ty is much more fitting for his adorable baby face.

Anyway.. I'm not 100% sure where the idea came from but somehow I got it in my head that I wanted to make a quiet book for Ty. I started looking stuff up on Pinterest and found that sensory stuff is better for younger babies so I started writing stuff down that I liked. Then I made a whole plan so that I knew everything I needed and I went shopping! Where you ask? Hobby Lobby!! It's seriously my favorite store. I can spend way too much time there. 


 I brought all the stuff home and started sewing!! I sewed everything by hand till the very end when I sewed the pages together. 

I admit I didn't want to sew every single letter on but by the time I got to this page (which may have been the very end) I was already too far into the hand stitched look so I had to finish. Maybe you can't tell in these pictures but I think it turned out kinda awesome!!

Everything is made out of felt except the stuff that's obviously not. :)


This is my favorite page! I think the little monster is so stinkin cute. :D 

Ty's not quite old enough to open the zipper but I plan to make little food things for him to eat which I think will make it more fun for him. 


This is Ty's favorite page! He LOVES those little wooden buttons. (There are two more just like those in the other pocket.) He chews on them relentlessly! 


This was prolly the hardest page to make cuz the leather on there is thick! And cuz the little feet were kind of hard just cuz they are so little!!


This is Ty's second favorite page! He loves to chew on the beads. Shocker! ha. This was the first page I made and I was kinda proud of myself!


This one is for dad! GO SYRACUSE! haha.

Most of the pages came from ideas on the internet but I didn't print anyone else's patterns. Most of the shapes came from word clip art or google. 


Ty has already pulled off one of the feathers from this page. He likes it but not as much as I do. haha


This might be the next favorite page and he's already torn off some of the ribbons. I should have gone over them with a sewing machine to make sure they stayed but I didn't. Next time I make something with ribbons I will know better!!


And this is the boring back. I know, super exciting. 

I put it all together with grommets that were hard to work with at first but when I actually followed the instructions they weren't so bad. haha. The worst part was trying to sew all the pages together. I should have sewed them before I did the grommets! Oh well.  

The great thing about the grommets and rings is that I can make more pages as he gets older and more dexterous. It took me about a million years to make this, so I'm not jumping the gun to make more pages but I only have to do two at a time so that's the plan!

Anyway, you like??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Step

I've been avoiding this post for a while now. In fact, a long time... I've been thinking about it since I wrote the post about our little grey circles that didn't make it. I like writing but the last few weeks have been kinda blah. I also think I've been a little hesitant because I've always wanted these posts to be super happy and chipper but that's not exactly how I feel. After the last post I did get a lot of really nice feedback, one in particular that made me feel extra good. My aunt is an incredible person and I love talking to her. She said to me that no matter how long those grey circles were my babies, they still were and I was allowed to grieve as much as I wanted. I think that kind of gave me permission to really cry and it made me feel a lot better. Thanks Kim. :)  But now we're on to bigger and better things. I can't lie and say that I'm super excited about this transfer. I think I got WAY too excited for the last one/first one and it

Halloween Murder Mystery Night

Confession... I think it's probably annoying for some of you to read these posts about Mutual activities we do. The reason I post about them is because most if not all of my ideas come from other posts that I've searched for. So while the things we do aren't that great, I still want to offer whatever inspiration I can for those to follow. So...  We did another really great activity for the Young Women a couple weeks ago! haha. This one was a Halloween Murder Mystery Dinner and it turned out awesome!!! It was the brain child of one of my fabulous Laurels who participated in the same activity a couple years ago. Fortunately, she was the only one! So it was a perfect activity for the rest. And to top it all off, it was an LDS theme, so it was all perfectly appropriate. Yay! Here's a few pics. :) This was the center of the table. Doesn't it look cool?! I should have take a closer pic of the candles. Those are actually rootbeer bottles that I spray painted. Th

Our little grey circles!

The transfer happened this past weekend!! Yay!! I'm sure some of you are thinking "Yay! What the heck is she talking about?!" Haha. As a reminder... The short story of IVF goes like this.  Step 1- Take a bunch of drugs to make my ovaries over produce.  Step 2- Collect the eggs via surgery.  Step 3- Fancy (and expensive!) doctors take Justin's sperm and inject it into the eggs in a little petri dish.  Step 4- We wait patiently while they grow.  The next step happened this weekend! They take the now fertilized eggs and put them back into my womb to hopefully implant and grow!! This is also the "moment of conception" for us. A woman will likely have lots of eggs fertilize in her lifetime but she doesn't get pregnant if they don't implant. So this is it! The funny thing about it is that Justin wasn't there. :( He had an appointment at work that couldn't be changed so for the rest of our lives we will be able to joke that Justin wasn't