Skip to main content

My week with Grandpa! + a little more :)

19 Months and counting.. YAY! We had SO much fun this month. Grandpa Greg got to visit and we loved it! We also did lots of other fun things, so enjoy the stories!


This pic needs no explanation. :D


We seem to be finding Tyler in our shoes a lot lately. hahaha. So stinkin cute. He loves it! We haven't found any shoes in weird places yet, so for now, it's all good. I'm just waiting to find one in the garbage or washing machine or something. Maybe then it won't be so cute?!  


Dinosaur Museum! We recently got a pass to Thanksgiving Point and they have a very impressive museum up there with lots of fun things for kids! 


Ty would have spent forever in they're fun little digging place! 


He is learning to share but there weren't very many kids there that day so he did a little bit of hoarding of the dinosaurs!




We tried to get him to sit on the baby Triceratops but he didn't want to. haha


He did want to touch the big shark tho! Go figure!


I've been told the reason you have kids is so they can do your chores, right?! haha. Starting out young!! 

We had a huge snow right before grandpa came and they plows put a huge pile onto our front lawn. So we decided to make the best of it! I have to admit it was imspired by our friends Ryanne and Casey who did the same thing to our yard a few years ago when they're kids were smaller. 


We made a little sledding hill!!! Seriously it was so awesome. Ty loved it! He's always loved the snow but this was extra fun. Dad packed the snow down really well so we could put the sled on and not sink, and we went for a few runs!!! Holy cow it was fun. 





Brody, on the other hand, didn't love it so much. hahahahaha. We tried forever to make him go down but we mostly failed. We finally got a hold of him long enough to make him go down but it didn't last long! hahahaha


I insisted we make a snowman together and it was one of the first ones I made all by myself! hahaha. Ty was a little wary of this strange lookin dude tho. This was as close as he'd get!


Happy family!!!


This is super random, but it's my new obsession. Both Target and the milk steamer. :D Ty loves to hang out in the cart so we go a lot. (insert cheesy smile!) 


This isn't a great pic of either of us but I'm realizing I'm not posting a lot about normal things, just the fun things we do. So.. a little update on that... Schedule wise, Ty goes to bed between 8 and 9 ish and wakes up between 6 and 7 usually. He still LOVES his bottle and drinks one every morning when he wakes up. If it's early enough, we get to snuggle in bed before mommy has to go to work. This is my FAVorite time of the day. Seriously. He's so so sweet. 


GRANDPA IS HERE!!!! 

It took a little bit of convincing in the car, but once we were home, it was right to playing with toys and having fun. YAY!!!

Luckily I had like a 4 day break between jobs so I got to be home the whole time Grandpa was here!! Oma came a little later but I was working, so there's little to no picture evidence of that happening. Bummer!  


This was at the museum of curiosity at Thanksgiving Point. We LOVE it there!! The lego room is just one of a million things to do there. But Ty really loves it!


I'm pretty sure Daddy made that tower and as soon as he picked up Ty he knocked it over. Oops!! 


They also have a cool sensory room with fun things to touch and play with. 


The little water jackets are SO cute but still a little big on Ty! haha


But the shoes fit awesome! ;) 


Grandpa may have had more fun in this section than Ty. ;)


Not sure what they're both looking at...?! 


The best part of the whole place is definitely the climbing jungle gym. It's so cool. 


Ty followed Grandpa around this whole thing!!


This slide was grandpa's favorite part. ;) Ask me later about the time he made me go down upside down and backwards...


This is Ty trying to help daddy blow up our new sleds!!! We were gonna go to Soldier's Hollow to sled but you have to be 3 to do it, so we got our own and went to the park!


Ty tried to get us to stay home and just cuddle in the sleds at home.



This is Ty trying to get out of the tube as he's going down with grandpa! hahahaha


And this is him coming down with Dad! 

He actually didn't love it very much but he did love the snow! In his defense, it was snowing and super cold, so I can't really blame him. It actually cleared up right as we were leaving. Bad timing!


We also went to Lowe's extreme Air Sports so Grandpa could try the Ninja Warrior course. He didn't love it so much but you can ask me about that another day. hahaha. Ty, on the other hand, always loves that place! He has so much fun there!


There's my Ty under the bear! haha. This is at scheels, another of Ty's favs.  


Weirdly enough, the escalator is one of his favorite things. 


The fish tank is another fav. :D


He has lots of favorite things. :)

I think these actually might be two separate trips to scheels but that's ok. We did get to show grandpa all those things and it was so so much fun! 


This isn't a great picture cuz I cropped it from another photo. (We went to visit the car shop from the show "B!)$#@ Rides cuz it's dad's fav!) But it's one of the only pics I have of the three of them together! I wish Ty's face were happier. haha. The point is that we LOVED having Grandpa here and hope he can come back really soon! Skype just isn't enough for us!!



Oh my silly Ty Ty. He loves the bath, and he loves his toothbrush. So why not do it together! hahahaha. This is a very common occurrence in our house. :) But who can say no to that face?!

Anyway, Happy January! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Step

I've been avoiding this post for a while now. In fact, a long time... I've been thinking about it since I wrote the post about our little grey circles that didn't make it. I like writing but the last few weeks have been kinda blah. I also think I've been a little hesitant because I've always wanted these posts to be super happy and chipper but that's not exactly how I feel. After the last post I did get a lot of really nice feedback, one in particular that made me feel extra good. My aunt is an incredible person and I love talking to her. She said to me that no matter how long those grey circles were my babies, they still were and I was allowed to grieve as much as I wanted. I think that kind of gave me permission to really cry and it made me feel a lot better. Thanks Kim. :)  But now we're on to bigger and better things. I can't lie and say that I'm super excited about this transfer. I think I got WAY too excited for the last one/first one and it

Halloween Murder Mystery Night

Confession... I think it's probably annoying for some of you to read these posts about Mutual activities we do. The reason I post about them is because most if not all of my ideas come from other posts that I've searched for. So while the things we do aren't that great, I still want to offer whatever inspiration I can for those to follow. So...  We did another really great activity for the Young Women a couple weeks ago! haha. This one was a Halloween Murder Mystery Dinner and it turned out awesome!!! It was the brain child of one of my fabulous Laurels who participated in the same activity a couple years ago. Fortunately, she was the only one! So it was a perfect activity for the rest. And to top it all off, it was an LDS theme, so it was all perfectly appropriate. Yay! Here's a few pics. :) This was the center of the table. Doesn't it look cool?! I should have take a closer pic of the candles. Those are actually rootbeer bottles that I spray painted. Th

Our little grey circles!

The transfer happened this past weekend!! Yay!! I'm sure some of you are thinking "Yay! What the heck is she talking about?!" Haha. As a reminder... The short story of IVF goes like this.  Step 1- Take a bunch of drugs to make my ovaries over produce.  Step 2- Collect the eggs via surgery.  Step 3- Fancy (and expensive!) doctors take Justin's sperm and inject it into the eggs in a little petri dish.  Step 4- We wait patiently while they grow.  The next step happened this weekend! They take the now fertilized eggs and put them back into my womb to hopefully implant and grow!! This is also the "moment of conception" for us. A woman will likely have lots of eggs fertilize in her lifetime but she doesn't get pregnant if they don't implant. So this is it! The funny thing about it is that Justin wasn't there. :( He had an appointment at work that couldn't be changed so for the rest of our lives we will be able to joke that Justin wasn't