Skip to main content

Turkey Bowl 2014!!

I so meant to put these up forever ago! These photos are from the Turkey Bowl on Thanksgiving day of 2014. All photos are courtesy of my beautiful mother who is amazing with her camera! I'm super jealous. I need to have mine out more often! The pics you see here are almost all from my phone. 

Anyway, the Turkey Bowl this year was over at the hospital park and was mostly our ward. Woohoo! Go 5th ward! However, it seems that a lot of people brought their cousins or in laws or entire family (Thank you Cheneys), so it was kind of a mix of lots of people. Lucky for us, we knew most of them. It was really fun!

So here are some pics that I pulled from the almost 1,000 that were taken. Since it was my mother taking pics, the best ones are of my family, but she got some good ones of other people too! So here ya go!





My little nephew, the best cheerleader there!!














I'm pretty sure he ALMOST caught the ball but didn't quite. haha. Bummer!




I love Matt's face in this pic. haha


This one too. ha


There was a little bit of rear end grabbing while going for the flags. haha



Here's that awesomely gorgeous sister of mine again. :)



How could you not love that little boy?!




John is going for Justin!


And he might get him ... !!




Caught the ball!!


I'm pretty sure this is how I always felt when going for flags. So close but not quite. haha



Jon gets the flag in this pic.... 


And then dad gets a butt squeeze by three others going for the ball in this one.. haha. love it. 







The beautiful photographer!!!!


My fav pic from the whole day. Justin and Danny = Best friends!




Ow! Ow!





Sorry for so few words here.. I wasn't quite sure how to describe all of them. Oh well. Hope you enjoyed anyway!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Step

I've been avoiding this post for a while now. In fact, a long time... I've been thinking about it since I wrote the post about our little grey circles that didn't make it. I like writing but the last few weeks have been kinda blah. I also think I've been a little hesitant because I've always wanted these posts to be super happy and chipper but that's not exactly how I feel. After the last post I did get a lot of really nice feedback, one in particular that made me feel extra good. My aunt is an incredible person and I love talking to her. She said to me that no matter how long those grey circles were my babies, they still were and I was allowed to grieve as much as I wanted. I think that kind of gave me permission to really cry and it made me feel a lot better. Thanks Kim. :)  But now we're on to bigger and better things. I can't lie and say that I'm super excited about this transfer. I think I got WAY too excited for the last one/first one and it

Halloween Murder Mystery Night

Confession... I think it's probably annoying for some of you to read these posts about Mutual activities we do. The reason I post about them is because most if not all of my ideas come from other posts that I've searched for. So while the things we do aren't that great, I still want to offer whatever inspiration I can for those to follow. So...  We did another really great activity for the Young Women a couple weeks ago! haha. This one was a Halloween Murder Mystery Dinner and it turned out awesome!!! It was the brain child of one of my fabulous Laurels who participated in the same activity a couple years ago. Fortunately, she was the only one! So it was a perfect activity for the rest. And to top it all off, it was an LDS theme, so it was all perfectly appropriate. Yay! Here's a few pics. :) This was the center of the table. Doesn't it look cool?! I should have take a closer pic of the candles. Those are actually rootbeer bottles that I spray painted. Th

Our little grey circles!

The transfer happened this past weekend!! Yay!! I'm sure some of you are thinking "Yay! What the heck is she talking about?!" Haha. As a reminder... The short story of IVF goes like this.  Step 1- Take a bunch of drugs to make my ovaries over produce.  Step 2- Collect the eggs via surgery.  Step 3- Fancy (and expensive!) doctors take Justin's sperm and inject it into the eggs in a little petri dish.  Step 4- We wait patiently while they grow.  The next step happened this weekend! They take the now fertilized eggs and put them back into my womb to hopefully implant and grow!! This is also the "moment of conception" for us. A woman will likely have lots of eggs fertilize in her lifetime but she doesn't get pregnant if they don't implant. So this is it! The funny thing about it is that Justin wasn't there. :( He had an appointment at work that couldn't be changed so for the rest of our lives we will be able to joke that Justin wasn't