Skip to main content

Update on my super interesting life :)

It's been quite some time since I last posted a blog. I think since I found out the gender of my baby! I am sorry! Sorry to you, but mostly to myself. I know my life is SO interesting and you're dying to read about it... ;) But I mostly need to do this for myself. Journal style. :) So this post is a bunch of pics from my phone that I haven't blogged about lately. I think part of it is that I haven't taken a ton of pictures lately and I didn't feel any of them were particularly worthy of just one post, but together, they are!  Anyway, here comes a bunch of pics (that may or may not already be on fb) and they story behind them. :)




Justin and I went to a benefit concert last night for the Elizabeth Smart Foundation and Operation Underground Railroad. It was awesome! We got to get all dressed up, (NO! I didn't take a picture of the two of us and how cute we looked! dang it... ) And I LOVE getting dressed up, so it was fun. anyway, we had dinner provided and a meet and greet with the artists and then an awesome concert. 


The headliner for the event was Alfie Boe and he was amazing!!! He's a tenor from England who is amazing and has a stunning voice.  (I didn't super love the gal he's singing with but I do LOVE that song, so that's why I recorded it.)


There was a group of ladies sitting in front of us who were SO hilarious we couldn't help but laugh. This is a pic of one of them with her binoculars. We were in the 10th row.... haha. I'm pretty sure she was genuinely in love with Mr. Alfie. ha.

 We have also been spending lots of time with my little nephews and they are the apple of my eye! I seriously can't get enough of them. And it about melts my hear every time I see Justin with them. (more on that later ;) ) 


This is Rushy on his new little bike/strider. If you have a 2 year old, get them one of these!! They're so great!


Carter trying to play golf! So cute!!



Rushy is a stud at golf and I love watching him!



The boys started a gymnastics class and it's the greatest thing since sliced bread! I LOVE watching them!





Mom came in to town a few weeks ago (when we had the gender reveal party) and we got to go shooting one day! It was fun!!



I am SUPER good at getting the frisbee stuck and Brody gets upset sometimes. ha


This is Brody's friend Spud who came to stay with us for a week and he looked SO funny in the bath, I couldn't help but take a picture!! haha. He was such a sweetheart!


We also just finished watching the Bachelor with a bunch of my girlfriends and we had so much fun! It's become my favorite Monday night tradition!! We have fun treats and laugh at all the silly girls and have something fun to talk about. We love it!


And yay for Whitney! These girls were cute but not for Chris. We were all Rooting for Whitney! For the most part. She was my pick from the beginning because she's a fertility nurse and that makes her awesome. For hopefully obvious reasons!! haha


The dress is blue and black y'all. ;)


This is a silly pic, but it's been a craving of mine for the last little while! All I want is their mac'n'cheese! Is that weird?? haha. Oh well!

In other news, my AMAZING sister WON her Alta Idol competition!!! (like American Idol but for her high school) She is incredible and I love listening to her sing!!!


All of the Cheney girls (minus Zina ;( ) at Katie's competition. And her silly friend as the photobomber. ha. Aren't we all kinda gorgeous?! ha. I mostly mean them, but I'm kinda super proud to be a part of that group!!!



This gave me some epic laughs just recently and I can't help but share. haha. :D

That's it for this post! Another to come soon about the baby!!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Step

I've been avoiding this post for a while now. In fact, a long time... I've been thinking about it since I wrote the post about our little grey circles that didn't make it. I like writing but the last few weeks have been kinda blah. I also think I've been a little hesitant because I've always wanted these posts to be super happy and chipper but that's not exactly how I feel. After the last post I did get a lot of really nice feedback, one in particular that made me feel extra good. My aunt is an incredible person and I love talking to her. She said to me that no matter how long those grey circles were my babies, they still were and I was allowed to grieve as much as I wanted. I think that kind of gave me permission to really cry and it made me feel a lot better. Thanks Kim. :)  But now we're on to bigger and better things. I can't lie and say that I'm super excited about this transfer. I think I got WAY too excited for the last one/first one and it

Halloween Murder Mystery Night

Confession... I think it's probably annoying for some of you to read these posts about Mutual activities we do. The reason I post about them is because most if not all of my ideas come from other posts that I've searched for. So while the things we do aren't that great, I still want to offer whatever inspiration I can for those to follow. So...  We did another really great activity for the Young Women a couple weeks ago! haha. This one was a Halloween Murder Mystery Dinner and it turned out awesome!!! It was the brain child of one of my fabulous Laurels who participated in the same activity a couple years ago. Fortunately, she was the only one! So it was a perfect activity for the rest. And to top it all off, it was an LDS theme, so it was all perfectly appropriate. Yay! Here's a few pics. :) This was the center of the table. Doesn't it look cool?! I should have take a closer pic of the candles. Those are actually rootbeer bottles that I spray painted. Th

Our little grey circles!

The transfer happened this past weekend!! Yay!! I'm sure some of you are thinking "Yay! What the heck is she talking about?!" Haha. As a reminder... The short story of IVF goes like this.  Step 1- Take a bunch of drugs to make my ovaries over produce.  Step 2- Collect the eggs via surgery.  Step 3- Fancy (and expensive!) doctors take Justin's sperm and inject it into the eggs in a little petri dish.  Step 4- We wait patiently while they grow.  The next step happened this weekend! They take the now fertilized eggs and put them back into my womb to hopefully implant and grow!! This is also the "moment of conception" for us. A woman will likely have lots of eggs fertilize in her lifetime but she doesn't get pregnant if they don't implant. So this is it! The funny thing about it is that Justin wasn't there. :( He had an appointment at work that couldn't be changed so for the rest of our lives we will be able to joke that Justin wasn't