Skip to main content

Girls Camp 2014!

Tonight we had mutual and it was a stake girls camp celebration and it reminded me of all the amazing awesome things we did and learned at camp, so I thought I'd share! I only went to girls camp once as a youth because of all the moving and summer vacations that we did. But I remember loving it! This year, I went as the Young Women's President and it was VERY different from my last experience. haha. Although it was difficult, it was still amazing and I probably learned more this time than when I went all those years ago. I was asked to give a talk about camp a couple weeks after and I shared a message that brought it all together and helped me realize why we go and do all the crazy hard stuff that camp requires. So to make a long story short, camp forces us to leave behind all the distractions of the world (No phone signal AT ALL!!!) and to focus on what's really important in this life. And while the gospel is at the center of that, it's not the only thing. You have to actually TALK to people because there's no texting. You get to listen to the sounds of nature because there's no background music. You get to look at the beautiful earth that our Father has given us because there's no TV or computer or phone to look at. And because of all this, your life gets much quieter and you're really able to feel the spirit and hear His promptings. We go to camp so we can be reminded of how softly He speaks but how amazing it feels to be filled with His love. Every one bears testimony almost every day and it feel amazing to witness their testimonies grow and my own as well. So yay for camp!! I hope I get to go next year too. :)

Here's a few fun photos...

There was a bear in our camp!!! He ate our pineapple and threw the trash everywhere. They caught him on the last night and all the girls wanted to see him instead of pack up to go home. haha 


Trust fall at the confidence course!


Lava River on the confidence course


Our favorite camp song was.... drum roll.... Bump Banana!!! It was hilarious. Ask me sometime and I'll show you. :)


That's Becca, Daisy, Me and crazy Madi in the back!


Some of my favorite people in the world! This was our hike that was supposed to be 5 miles but turned into 6 because of either poorly marked trails, or poor map reading skills depending on who you ask. I'm pretty sure it was poorly marked trails. ;)


This is Daisy! She was the ward camp director and she was amazing!!!! I love her to death!


The stake Young Women's president and I trying to do the tension rope thingy at the confidence course. We made it pretty far!


Another fun confidence course game. :)


I don't remember all the crazy camp songs from when I was little, but it was definitely one of my fav things! The songs were hilarious and the girls doing all the motions was just as funny!


These are the crazy stake leaders who came around every night to sing a song or do something silly. This was their last night and they went out on a bang!


This is a few girls doing the service project. They made little rattlers that were sent to Mexico. It was fun!


A few years ago, some of the older girls buried that tackle box with notes they had written to themselves and to future campers. They'd searched and searched for it over the years and finally found it! It was so neat to read through the notes they'd written. Not a dry eye in the house!


And this is our whole crew! I can't say enough amazing things about these women who I am so blessed to know. They are amazing and I can't wait to see what incredible things they'll do as they get older. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Step

I've been avoiding this post for a while now. In fact, a long time... I've been thinking about it since I wrote the post about our little grey circles that didn't make it. I like writing but the last few weeks have been kinda blah. I also think I've been a little hesitant because I've always wanted these posts to be super happy and chipper but that's not exactly how I feel. After the last post I did get a lot of really nice feedback, one in particular that made me feel extra good. My aunt is an incredible person and I love talking to her. She said to me that no matter how long those grey circles were my babies, they still were and I was allowed to grieve as much as I wanted. I think that kind of gave me permission to really cry and it made me feel a lot better. Thanks Kim. :)  But now we're on to bigger and better things. I can't lie and say that I'm super excited about this transfer. I think I got WAY too excited for the last one/first one and it

Halloween Murder Mystery Night

Confession... I think it's probably annoying for some of you to read these posts about Mutual activities we do. The reason I post about them is because most if not all of my ideas come from other posts that I've searched for. So while the things we do aren't that great, I still want to offer whatever inspiration I can for those to follow. So...  We did another really great activity for the Young Women a couple weeks ago! haha. This one was a Halloween Murder Mystery Dinner and it turned out awesome!!! It was the brain child of one of my fabulous Laurels who participated in the same activity a couple years ago. Fortunately, she was the only one! So it was a perfect activity for the rest. And to top it all off, it was an LDS theme, so it was all perfectly appropriate. Yay! Here's a few pics. :) This was the center of the table. Doesn't it look cool?! I should have take a closer pic of the candles. Those are actually rootbeer bottles that I spray painted. Th

Our little grey circles!

The transfer happened this past weekend!! Yay!! I'm sure some of you are thinking "Yay! What the heck is she talking about?!" Haha. As a reminder... The short story of IVF goes like this.  Step 1- Take a bunch of drugs to make my ovaries over produce.  Step 2- Collect the eggs via surgery.  Step 3- Fancy (and expensive!) doctors take Justin's sperm and inject it into the eggs in a little petri dish.  Step 4- We wait patiently while they grow.  The next step happened this weekend! They take the now fertilized eggs and put them back into my womb to hopefully implant and grow!! This is also the "moment of conception" for us. A woman will likely have lots of eggs fertilize in her lifetime but she doesn't get pregnant if they don't implant. So this is it! The funny thing about it is that Justin wasn't there. :( He had an appointment at work that couldn't be changed so for the rest of our lives we will be able to joke that Justin wasn't